Do you want to share the #24more message with your community? We are asking people and organizations all over the world to organize an event on Monday, February 29th, to celebrate the gift of an extra day in our life. Don't let it be just another Monday at work. It only happens once every 4 years!
So, here are some options for how you can share your experience with us and our global community.
First, and most important, invite your network, friends, colleagues, or even family to spend some time together on February 29th. It could be at home, at the office, a cafe, a garden, or anywhere you like. You can also plan a webinar or a Google Hangout!
Let us know about your event and we will be happy to promote it, too!
At the gathering, ask your guests to reflect on the meaning of this extra day, when we align the human calendar with the astronomical calendar. What can they do with this extra 24 hours? What if they can align what they do with what they love to do? You can of course show our explanatory video or put it in the invitation.
Need help to make the conversation take off? Here are 5 ideas:
- Invite someone you know who has a career of meaning and purpose to tell his/her story. Or share the stories from our global partners!
- Watch together with your audience some of the TED Talks we have shared on our resources page. They are all very inspiring!
- Ask your audience to stand up and read one of our 24more questions each!
- What about a shared meditation? Invite people to close their eyes, breathing deeply, in silence. Take your time, no rush, no pressure. Let everyone connect to their inner self.. Then you can ask them to reflect on who they are and what gives them meaning and fulfillment.
- Want to do something more physical? Ask everyone to write his/her main regrets on a yellow post-it and to put their notes on the wall. Done? Let people have a look at the wall and reflect on it. Now, distribute post-its of another color and ask your audience to cover the wall with all the things they can do starting March 1st to avoid those regrets. Small and big things, starting from tomorrow. Well, now you can look at the wall once again! Look at this video to learn more about this idea.
Wait, it's not finished here!
Take pictures and videos, record stories of alignment or your guests' resolutions. It doesn't have to be formal - whatever people are comfortable to share. Share your learnings with us. We will be happy to receive photos, videos, text, or even just a tweet. You can find out how to send them to us here.
Be part of the 24more movement!